Skip to main content

Of Tampons, Hair Colour and the Unknown

I was trapped in another horrid dream this morning. It had something to do with my brother, suicidal thoughts and fear of death (of a loved one) all at the same time. Very disturbing. Then I woke up to a message from a panicking friend. Apparently, her tampon in use had gone 'missing'. After an exchange of messages, she took off to the hospital. The doctor's only advice after inspecting her was to check the bed, bedside and bathroom for any signs of it. Surely an used tampon wouldn't be lying discreet on the bed, I told her. It probably got flushed down the toilet during one of those dozy midnight bathroom breaks. Not speaking from experience but oddly enough, I just happened to have a few tales of tampon/ sanitary pad mishap, firsthand from people I know. 

Lately, I've been itching to colour my hair. Two years ago, I told myself that I'd do everything in my power to stay away from any chemical treatment that may cause dry hair or for it to lose its sheen. Also, I had wanted to stay natural until or unless the first of grey appears. I know I'm lucky like that when my peers have started to grey, I still have a head full of raven, black hair...BUT, I'm itching and I hate it. A little bit of colour would be uplifting. At the same time, I don't want to be throwing colours onto my hair in the heat of the moment just to regret it 12 hours later, or the minute it's done. Unfortunately, this sort of itch, when paired with a dose of careless spontaneity can be destructive to one's state of mind. Yet without it, it's no better? 

We're almost two weeks into August. September will catch up soon and from there, I don't know where things will be heading for us. Yes, a new adventure is up but I just don't have any details on it yet. I'm excited as much as I fear the unknown. Sometimes, it makes my mouth dry just thinking about the possible downside of things but mostly the prospect of another adventure, maybe even a new phase in life, is welcoming. I will update on this as soon as I have a better picture on what's before us! 

On another note, it's always nice to receive food, especially homegrown or homemade with love. Recently, I had a sudden craving for a tangy, hot Kimchi soup. It was past midnight, I was hungry and I had none at hand when I punched in a lame FB status shamelessly proclaiming my craving. A minute later, a friend, offered to drop off some Kimchi he had made for himself. It was a lovely gesture and a huge surprise for me: I did not expect Kimchi, of all foods, from him. The next day, I was a happy woman with a container full of hot Kimchi, which I had partly used for a satisfying meal of Kimchi Fried Rice! Small gestures like this make me incredibly happy. 


A beautiful homemade Kimchi although the husband 
thinks that it looks more like brain matter in hot sauce. 
(Think iZombie)

xx 













Comments

  1. New adventures are good indeed, well unless they go array. Good food is nothing to sneeze at either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we'll see Pay. i'm excited but....we'll see :p
      no complaints about good food :)

      Delete
  2. I'm glad I've never had a dream about a missing tampon. Had I been the doctor, I would have told her it probably got dissolved by the acidic fluids in her coochie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. a woman can die if it was that acidic down there methinks :p

      Delete
  3. Why don't my friends do that when I punch in an "I want" status? Looks bloody lovely. Love the title of this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks Jules. now that i've had a bottle wine all by myself, I want a kimchi anything!

      Delete
  4. I color my hair - I just have a little gray (at 52) so it looks dingy. When I hit 50%, I'll stop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're lucky! I hope to be just like you. my mom has just started greying a little and she's 59. i'm hoping i'm in for some good genes.

      Delete
  5. A... missing... tampon? Talk about nightmares! Yikes, Jaya J! So why do you think you have nightmares on a regular basis? I do too but I almost never remember them (knock on wood). I'm not sure if that makes me blessed or ignorant.

    It's your hair, so... But I'm sure we all would like to see the final result.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just stopping by to say hi. Here it comes: HI!!!!

      Delete
    2. i wish i knew. i suppose some of these dreams could be a dark manifestation of deep fear that reside in our sub-consciousness. i don't know...
      the colour thoughts are over now...my hair just appears thinner and frailer now. it's quite worrying.

      Delete
  6. Home made food is everything indeed. Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for visiting! x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Healing With Essential Oils

OILS and I go a long way. My mom used a lot of oil on me, growing up. As a teenager, baby oil was my go-to daily face moisturiser. I didn't know then what I know now about synthetic oils but it worked for me. In my early 20s, I fell in love with pure essential oils. I was introduced to the world of Culpeper during work. Then, I was gifted a 50ml bottle of jojoba base oil with two precious bottles of 10ml rose and geranium essentials oils courtesy of Culpeper. I was set for life and I've never looked back ever since. 

Over the years, I have depended on and dwelled solely in beauty oils. Recently, I've started learning about healing through essential oils. It's been a huge eye-opener for me. Essential oils are just not skin deep, they're simply so much more than that. The potent substances extracted through steam distillation from various shrubs, flowers, roots, skin and seeds could have incredible healing powers when used with sensitivity, respect and knowledge. It i…

The Fenty Foundation

I'm breaking the silence for you, Blue Grumpster, with a foundation review, though I'm afraid that Fenty Beauty may not have that cool, sarky blue shade that you are. I can only hope that you're yellow - like me because, let me tell ya, there's a whole lot of delicious, warm shades in that collection of 40 colours. 



So, I've been wearing this stuff for a few days, presenting myself in various, albeit, tropical weather conditions. And, here's what I think. 

Light and non-greasy. Well, it's soft matte. In fact, I expected it to be dry, and flaking off of my skin by midday, but it doesn't. It's light enough for me to gradually build in the kind of coverage I'm looking for, and more importantly, the foundation stays - on my skin, at least. I don't even need to set it with powder, and I love how it refuses to dislodge from my skin, even after a massive sweat session. Truth is, this is probably why I think it's good for me; I'm always sweati…

Hello 2017!

At least this update comes (way) before the first anniversary of my last post. I can live with that. This blog receives a timely jump-start every time I think it's not going to make it. But looking back, I've posted annually since 2010. That isn't too bad considering how I had created it out of complete boredom. So, that can only mean one thing; I've been busy. 

Freelance work was fun for as long as I wanted it but it also made me feel like a hippie. I had too much time on my hands, a wandering mind and a bad neck. That wasn't good, to say the least, but I did enjoy the evenings outdoor, discovering new paths in the quiet forest area not far from where we live, and the freedom I had with time and travel. I spent time like it was some loose change I always had at hand. And then, sometime in mid September, there was a call for work. I felt the conflict in my heart and head. To take the job, or not, because apart from my jungle time sacrifice, there were other things a…