Skip to main content

Of Tampons, Hair Colour and the Unknown

I was trapped in another horrid dream this morning. It had something to do with my brother, suicidal thoughts and the fear of death (of a loved one) all at the same time. Very disturbing. Then I woke up to a message from a panicking friend. Apparently her tampon in use had gone 'missing'. After an exchange of messages, she took off to the hospital. The doctor's only advice after inspecting her was to check the bed, bedside and bathroom for any signs of it. Surely an used tampon wouldn't be lying discreet on the bed, I told her. It probably got flushed down the toilet during one of those dozy midnight bathroom breaks. Not speaking from experience but oddly enough, I just happened to have a few tales of tampon/ sanitary pad mishap, firsthand from people I know. 

Lately I've been itching to colour my hair. Two years ago, I told myself that I'd do my best to stay away from any chemical treatment that may damage my shiny tresses. Also, I had wanted to stay natural until the first of greys appears. I'm lucky I still have a head full of raven, black hair...BUT I'm itching for a change. A little bit of colour would be uplifting. At the same time, I don't want to be dumping colours onto my hair in the heat of the moment just to regret it 12 hours later. Or the minute it's done. Unfortunately this sort of itch, when paired with a dose of careless spontaneity can be destructive to one's state of mind. Yet without it, it's no better? 

We're almost two weeks into August. September will catch up soon and from there, I don't know where things will be heading for us. Yes, a new adventure is up but I just don't have any details on it yet. I'm excited as much as I fear the unknown. Sometimes it makes my mouth dry just thinking about how things could go wrong but mostly the prospect of another adventure, maybe even a new phase in life, is welcoming. I will update on this as soon as I have a better picture on what's before us! 

On another note, it's always nice to receive food, especially homegrown or homemade with love. Recently I had a sudden craving for a tangy, hot Kimchi soup. Hunger panged past midnight, I punched in a lame FB status shamelessly proclaiming my craving. A minute later, a friend, offered to drop off some Kimchi he had made for himself. It was a lovely gesture and a huge surprise for me: I did not expect Kimchi, of all foods, from him. The next day, I was a happy woman with a container full of hot Kimchi which I had partly used for a satisfying meal of Kimchi Fried Rice. Small gestures like this make me incredibly happy. 


A beautiful homemade Kimchi although the husband 
thinks that it looks more like brain matter in hot sauce. 
(Think iZombie)

xx 













Comments

  1. New adventures are good indeed, well unless they go array. Good food is nothing to sneeze at either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we'll see Pay. i'm excited but....we'll see :p
      no complaints about good food :)

      Delete
  2. I'm glad I've never had a dream about a missing tampon. Had I been the doctor, I would have told her it probably got dissolved by the acidic fluids in her coochie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. a woman can die if it was that acidic down there methinks :p

      Delete
  3. Why don't my friends do that when I punch in an "I want" status? Looks bloody lovely. Love the title of this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks Jules. now that i've had a bottle wine all by myself, I want a kimchi anything!

      Delete
  4. I color my hair - I just have a little gray (at 52) so it looks dingy. When I hit 50%, I'll stop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're lucky! I hope to be just like you. my mom has just started greying a little and she's 59. i'm hoping i'm in for some good genes.

      Delete
  5. A... missing... tampon? Talk about nightmares! Yikes, Jaya J! So why do you think you have nightmares on a regular basis? I do too but I almost never remember them (knock on wood). I'm not sure if that makes me blessed or ignorant.

    It's your hair, so... But I'm sure we all would like to see the final result.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just stopping by to say hi. Here it comes: HI!!!!

      Delete
    2. i wish i knew. i suppose some of these dreams could be a dark manifestation of deep fear that reside in our sub-consciousness. i don't know...
      the colour thoughts are over now...my hair just appears thinner and frailer now. it's quite worrying.

      Delete
  6. Home made food is everything indeed. Greetings!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Award on Oscar Day

THANKS for the Kreativ Blogger award on Oscar Day,  Queen Bee . It is sweet to pin a badge like this here and since this is my first award, it's all the more sweet.  With this, I'm required to list out ten random things about myself and later tag six other favourite bloggers.  Let's start with the 10 Random Things :)  1) Diamonds are not for me.  I admire jewelry (fine or otherwise) but I'm not in love with them enough to want to own them. My favourite jewelry is a pair of white pearl stud earrings.  2) I drink water for breakfast, lunch, tea and dinner. It's just a good habit I can't break. I usually write with a bottle of water next to me instead of a mug of coffee.  3) I love balms . Nothing calms me better than a nice balm. It reminds me of my grandma, clears my mind, and puts me to sleep.  4) I keep a hammer in my bedroom.  It came in handy TWICE when the lock jammed. I broke it and set me free. My mother was petrified with the knowledge that m

From Doha, With Love : Minimal Changes

SO I've been to Doha a few times already by now. Minimal or no changes at all on this flat land of sand and sandstorms, except that the population seemed to have increased by god-knows-how-many-folds judging from the volume of people seen at the popular Souk Waqif in the city centre two days ago. It's like people have multiplied like the sea sands. The last few times I was there, I remember liking the place for what it was - a perfect venue to people-watch, smoke Shisha and be a tourist. Now I don't know if that's a good thing... ...if there aren't enough social venues for this astounding volume! Perhaps, I'm a little spoiled coming from a city where food is available 24 hours a day, with freedom of alcohol consumption at random bistros and cafes and to do just about everything I wished for in a cultural setting that doesn't stare at me like I'm some kind of a three-eyed monster. I suppose people here are just a curious bunch given the potpourri of

Me, Myself and I

LOVELY Miss  Azra  has tagged me. It's fun once in a while to do this sort of thing and questions here seem doable too. I'll try to keep my answers short and sweet, resisting the urge to ramble since it's all about Me, Myself and I ! 1. What is your favourite saying, or motto ?  It doesn't matter. Don't worry about it.  Basically, I just try to see the positives in most shitty situations. Realistically.   2. What is your dream job ?  It ranges from being a tour guide, a travel writer and a secret agent to a medical rep, a rose picker for Chanel gardens in France and an English teacher to those under 12. I'm allergic to teenagers. 3. What part of the world do you have little interest in travelling to ? And which part of the world is next on your list ?  I have little interest in Jakarta and Bangladesh, or any place where the temperature is -45 Deg Celcius for most of the year.  My dream destination is Africa. Next on list is either Africa or New York